Louis Marx & Co Ny Vint Litho'd Enml Pressed Tin Bulldozer, Finned Rubber Tracks
SCARCE LOUIS MARX & COMPANY, NEW YORK, MID-20TH CENTURY, POST WWII, AME RI CAN. TIN BULLDOZER, with ORIGINAL FINNED RUBBER TRACKS & FRONT DOZER BLADE in RED, ORANGE, GOLD & BLACK ENAMEL COLORS. Mid-20th century, Post-WWII Ame ri can vintage lithographed enamel pressed tin toy construction vehicles & other period tin toys. 4" Height x 4" Width x 8 1/4" Length (without bulldozer front blade attachment) x 9 3/4" Length with bulldozer front blade attachment 9 Length on one side uneven arm length of scoop, tilted to one side so dirt would move off the blade as the bulldozer plowed forward. Both rubber tracks present and in good condition, with no loss, mends or noticeable condition issues.
The wind-up bent tin rod, reticulated key is also present and was found attached to the bulldozer toy. The lithographed enamel tin surfaces are largely without any noticeable abrasions and paint loss to its entire exterior shell.
In all honesty, there's only a few, very slight episodes of paint loss, most occurring on the front, rear and top edges of the bulldozer. The vehicle is however, missing its original lithographed enamel driver, who would have sat on the seat, slotted into the now vacant holes on the seat. The steering wheel is present and without any dings, dents or deformities.
What's particularly noticeable is just how clean and nearly undamaged the black enamel of the track wheels are, indicating that this Louis Marx and Company, New York, Ame ri can vintage lithographed enamel tin toy bulldozer was most likely not played with in a sandbox outside and left out overnight in the elements, since it has virtually no surface oxidation, which often plague these vintage lithographed enamel tin toy vehicles. Good to Very Good overall vintage condition. This item is in the category "Toys & Hobbies\Diecast & Toy Vehicles\Construction Equipment\Vintage Manufacture".
The seller is "modsanctuary" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Gender: Boys & Girls
- Drive engager stick in working order: Balck rubber finned tracks intact & without damage
- Vehicle Make: CAT
- Estate fresh: New to the marketplace
- 100% original vintage condition: Untouched & undisturbed
- Little or no surface oxidation: No major dings, dents or deformities
- Scarce & hard-to-find: Around 70 years old
- Modified Item: No
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
- Custom Bundle: No
- Material: Lithographed enamel pressed tin
- Theme: Construction equipment
- Year of Manufacture: 1950
- Color: Multi-Color
- Vehicle Type: Construction Vehicle
- Vehicle Year: 1950
- Age Level: 8-11 Years, 12-16 Years
- Brand: Louis Marx & Co., NY
- Recommended Age Range: 6-14
- American: Vintage
- Mid-20th century: Circa 1950-1958
- Post-WWII: Lithographed
- Enamel paint: Pressed tin
- *Missing original seated tin driver: Wind-up mechanism in working order